Aby korzystać z zawartości forum należy się zarejestrować TUTAJ
Ten aplet jest widoczny tylko dla niezarejestrowanych użytkowników! :-)
Rejestrując się na forum uzyskujesz m.in. rabaty na cygara u forumowych partnerów (sklepy cygarowe). Zapraszamy!

Cigar Aficionado
autologowanie:
Witaj na forum Cigar Aficionado! Aby uzyskać pełny dostęp zaloguj się lub zarejestruj.

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat

Tagi tematu: my, na, odczujemy, podatku, powyzke, tytoniowe, usa, wyroby

Powyżkę podatku na wyroby tytoniowe w USA odczujemy i my...
Autor Wiadomość
szpooler
Aficionado

Obecności na FOSCA: 2
Otrzymał 14 piw(a)
Wysłany: Pon 19 Sty, 2009   Powyżkę podatku na wyroby tytoniowe w USA odczujemy i my...

Tego maila dostałem dzisiaj (jak zresztą wszyscy jego klienci), w najbliższym czasie przetłumaczę to i tłumaczenie wrzucę.

Mike Banks napisał/a:
Message from uncle mikey January 18, 2009

Most of you have heard about the taxes relating to large cigars that will fund the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) that will surely be passed by both houses of Congress within a few weeks. The House has already passed this bill (HR2) but it may take a bit longer in the Senate; however it will surly pass. Our new president Mr. Obama wants to sign this bill into law on January 22 to kick off his new presidency and to keep his promise that every child will have health insurance even if the parents can afford it.
In my, not so humble opinion, this new legislation, based solely on new taxes on tobacco, will not create enough revenue to fund such a program. Originally, according to the International Premium Cigar and Pipe Association (IPCPR), formally RTDA, the combined houses of our government wanted $36 billion dollars (per year?) for SCHIP but that was vetoed by George Bush, who only wanted $6 billion. At that time the cap on large cigars was to be $10 dollars of excise tax and later lowered to $3 dollars per cigar which was again vetoed by President Bush. Currently the newly written HR2 caps the excise tax at $0.40 per cigar with additional taxes on other tobacco products as well.
All the new taxes will go into effect on April 1st of 2009 and it is not yet clear from all manufacturers if they will just add the tax, or in some cases, take profit on the added tax in order to fund loans to pay for cigars coming into the US. For example: manufacturers like Altadas, General, Rocky Patel and others who are very large companies may have the money to pay customs and excise duties on cigars coming into the country. Smaller boutique manufacturers may not have the funds to do this and may need to borrow money from credit lines which will cost them interest on that money. In order to make up the interest payments, some smaller manufactures may need to add additional funds to the $0.40 excise taxes.
What does this mean to us the cigar smoker? Follow this example; currently a box of cigars (25) costing $50 wholesale in most cases will sell on the shelf in Virginia for $105or $4.20 per cigar. (Virginia has a 10% OTP tax on wholesale cost of goods). This same cigar with the new excise tax added in would be (in Virginia), $126 for the box before discount or $5.04 per cigar on the shelf. Now consider some of the more exotic brands out there with current MSRP price tags of let’s say $10 and let your imagination wander. Those of you who live in states with 18-50% state tobacco taxes will be paying upwards of $20 for some of your favorite brands and even if you purchase on the internet the cost of your favorite cigar will be going up.
Here is the schedule of taxes on tobacco products as sent to me by the IPCPR:
Large cigars $0.40 per cigar;
Cigarette tax rate goes from $0.39 per pack to $1.00 per pack;
The tax on snuff goes from $0.585 per pound to $1.50 per pound;
Tax on pipe tobacco goes from $1.0969 per pound to $2.8126 per pound;
The tax on RYO goes from $1.0969 per pound to an astounding $24.62 per pound (not a typo)
The tax rate on small cigars (cigars weighing less then three (3) pounds per thousand will be phased in over five (5) years at the following rates per year.
2009 & 2010 $0.25 per pack
2011 & 2012 $0.50 per pack
2013 & 2014 $0.75 per pack
2015 and beyond $1.00 per pack

The floor tax which some of you have heard about will not apply to large cigars but will apply to any other tobacco products.

As you can see m y friends we who smoke cigars or use tobacco products are being singled out once again and are in for a wild ride. mb

mój status

tomaal
Początkujący Aficionado

Obecności na FOSCA: 4
Otrzymał 3 piw(a)
Wysłany: Pon 19 Sty, 2009   

I co, szpooler, dalej tak lubisz Obamę? :mrgreen:

A tak poza tym to przykra wiadomość :/ Nie dość, że kurs dolara nie taki jak trzeba, to jeszcze ten durny pomysł...

Pozdrawiam

Odpowiedz do tematu